Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mental Discourse

I love Miami. In January. When it’s 80 degrees.

I had a fabulous fantasy conversation in my head this week. I mentioned to Rick that I would be going to the beach so naturally, I contemplated what our conversation would be like at workout the next day.
Rick: “How was the beach?”
Me: “Oh it was great. The weather was fabulous, Stef and I had lots of fun, and the water was actually pretty warm. I didn’t even need to knock back a few beers before I got in. And on top of all that, I got a great tan!”
Rick: “I’m glad you had such a good time. But I can’t tell that you are any darker.”
Me: “Well, I’d be glad to show you my tan lines, but I’m not sure its appropriate to strip off my clothing and expose my breasts to someone I don’t know very well. In public no less. [But I’d be glad to give a private showing later.]
Even in my mental discourse, I’m savvy enough to realize that perhaps throwing in that bracketed phrase isn’t entirely appropriate either. Because I can pull off great lines in my head doesn’t mean I’ll replay them during real actual human non-pretend conversation. I’m not sure if that’s a flaw or a godsend.

The cutie that works at Borders café told me that he was “very happy to see [me] again.” I melted.

I feel like I had something good to write about. But it went away.

I love knowing that you’d take care of me. I heart you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home