Sunday, February 13, 2005

Lonestar

"Lonestar where are you out tonight/This feeling I'm trying to fight/It's dark and I think that I would give anything/For you to shine down on me/How far you are I just don't know/The distance I'm willing to go/I pick up a stone that I cast to the sky/Hoping for some kind of sign"

I’ll admit it. I’m slightly bitter. Tomorrow is Valentines Day. Well isn’t that just ducky. I don’t even have my girls to sit around and curse the day as we revel in our goddess-ness and drink Martinis. Manhattan doesn’t seem to have the same angst as the women of Nicholas 207 and the Crew. Although, we ladies have lost some of our staunchest haters to the world of chocolate flowers and furry pink teddy bears. Damn. My sure bet is sick again. And I’m in my neurotic stage with the hopeful. Thus, no VDay for me. Fuck. Oh wait, not even that lucky.

I had a Sex and the City moment the other day. Well, if you consider walking by Bed on South Beach (where they have beds instead of tables…I believe the girls managed that up in Manhattan), then I had multiple ones. I saw the episode where the girls wonder if relationship karma comes back to haunt them. Carrie had broken up Big’s marriage, and Miranda was haunted by her poor treatment of Steve, both convinced that their past behavior was getting turned around on them. So I got to thinking, if we have to go through the lousy nodatingsuckydating phases all the time, do we ever get to the maybesortakindagooddating phases? If so, am I finally moving into the second phase. And how long is it gonna take to get there? Cause I’ve been walking a long time in my Guess flats and I’m starting to get blisters. I don’t even think my future pair of Manolo’s would last this long. And it’d be really nice to put on a pair of fuzzy slippers at this point. The band-aids are starting to get nasty.

“The most important thing I know about living is love. Nothing surpasses the benefits received by a human being who makes compassion and love the objective of his or her life. For it is only by compassion and love that anyone fulfils successfully their own life’s journey. Nothing equals love.” –Sargent Shriver

If what goes around comes around in the world of love, then I think we’ve all got really good things coming to us. Even to those of us who despise February 14th. One day we will look back on this and laugh at our despair. As we’re cuddled on the couch in our pjs and furry pink slippers. It’ll be so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home